We’re very excited for the 2012 season of Bellies & Strollers, voted one of Toronto’s Top Boot Camps by BlogTO and featured in May on CTV’s “My Toronto Is…”! Bellies & Strollers is fast becoming Toronto’s most popular stroller fitness and for good reason:
Belly Bootcamp classes are challenging, dynamic, fun, and – most of all – effective! Come and join us for a trial class and see for yourself why Belly Bootcamp is Toronto’s favourite prenatal & postnatal fitness for modern mommies!
Joining us for Bellies & Strollers this season? Following are the exact meeting points for each location, plus a reminder of what you’ll need to bring to class.
High Park (west): Enter the park at Bloor St./High Park Ave. and meet at the cluster of picnic benches directly between the north and south parking on the ring road. By TTC, exit at High Park station and walk across Bloor St. to enter the park. Parking is available for free immediately next to the meeting point at the first lot as you enter from Bloor St.
Trinity Bellwoods/Fred Hamilton Park (central): Meet at the northwest corner of Trinity Bellwoods Park, at Dundas St./Shaw St. From there we will head together to Fred Hamilton Park. By TTC, take the Dundas Streetcar to Shaw St. or take the Queen Streetcar to Strachan and walk north through the park to meet us at Dundas. Parking is available for free along Shaw St., north and south of Dundas St.
Jimmie Simpson Park (east): Meet at the southeast corner of Jimmie Simpson Park, at Queen St./Booth Ave.. By TTC, take the Queen Streetcar to Booth Ave. Inexpensive metered parking is available along Queen St. E. and free parking is available on nearby side streets.
Woodbine Park/Measurement Park (east): Meet at the northeast corner of Woodbine Park, in the area marked “Measurement Park” near Queen St./Eastern Ave. By TTC, take the Queen Streetcar to Eastern Ave. (Kingston Rd.). Parking is available for free in the large lot just south of the Green P lot (enter from Eastern Ave.).
We provide the equipment and expertise. Please bring the following items for your use:
- Clothing in layers so you can remain warm or cool as needed, with a supportive bra
- Comfortable, supportive athletic shoes
- Sunscreen/hat/insect repellent, if desired
- Garbage bag to act as “mat” in case of dampness
- Infant carrier in case baby becomes fussy in the stroller
- Medications/orthopaedic supports you might need
- Snacks/toys/diversions for baby, plus a blanket or mat for baby, if you wish
We run rain or shine! A few notes regarding weather:
- In cases of truly inclement weather, you will receive an email the morning of your class to inform you that class has been cancelled. Cancellations are only in cases of unusually extreme heat, lightning, unusually heavy rain and hail. If you have not received an email, class is on! Make up classes are not awarded in cases of regular summer coolness and/or rain.
- Don’t rely on the morning weather when you wake, or on the forecast. Many times we have seen forecasts of rain or rainy early mornings that turn out to be beautiful sunny workouts, or pleasant, cloudy and cool workouts. Your Belly Bootcamp trainer is armed with an arsenal of effective exercises, including those suitable when the ground is muddy and wet.
- Don’t underestimate yourself! Often the cooler days are the easiest on which to exercise – less sweat, less heat. Put a rain cover on your stroller, throw a hat on your head and wear a windbreaker. Within 5 minutes you’ll be warm and you’ll almost forget it’s raining and cool.
- Don’t wear your best workout clothes to Bellies & Strollers. Whether rainy or dry, dirt, dandelions and grass all await you. Save your most fabulous gear for a walk with your girlfriends or your indoor Power Pilates class.
- Keep a black garbage bag or two stuffed in the bottom of your stroller. When the ground is a bit damp or just dirty, a garbage bag can act as a “mat” to perform core work and will spare your expensive yoga mat from park mess.
There are very few spots remaining in Bellies & Strollers, although registration is always open and our schedule is expanding soon.
Join with a girlfriend or refer a friend to Belly Bootcamp and receive a free week when she registers! Spread the health!
See you at Bellies & Strollers!